Here are some steps that you have to follow after receiving your dentures.
- Removable dentures require proper care to keep them clean, free from stains, and looking their best.
- For good denture care
- Remove your denture and rinse after eating.
- Handle carefully: Be sure you don’t bend or damage the plastic or the wires attached to it.
- Clean your mouth after removing your dentures.
- Brush your dentures at least daily: with a soft-bristled brush and nonabrasive
- denture cleaner to remove food plaque and other deposits.
- Soak dentures overnight: place the dentures in water or a mild dentures-soaking solution overnight.
Schedule regular dental checkups:
Your dentist will recommend how often to visit to have your dentures examined and professionally cleaned. Your dental visit can help to ensure a proper fit to prevent slippage and discomfort, and also to check the health of the denture supporting tissues inside of your mouth.
See your dentist if you have a loose fit
Visit your dentist promptly if your dentures become loose, loose dentures can cause irritation, sores, and infections.