Some precautions that one can take to prevent gum disease are:
- Brush twice a day carefully with a fluoride toothpaste, with a manual or electric toothbrush
- Clean between the teeth after meals using an interdental brush
- Floss between the teeth if the gap between the is too tight
- Use mouth rinse if needed, on top of cleaning to reduce inflammation
- Refrain from smoking, maintain a healthy diet and remain stress free
- Diabetics, should ensure control of blood sugar
If you predict that you have gum disease or would like to get a preventive dental checkup, schedule an appointment with our dentist at Credence Dental. We at Credence follow all protocols of COVID-19 to ensure the best health and hygiene for our patients and doctors. Call us if you would like to know more about the precautions we undertake to prevent the spread of COVID.