If hot, cold, sweet, or very acidic foods and drinks or something in cold air, make your teeth or a tooth sensitive or painful then you have sensitive teeth.
Cause – caused by wearing out of the outermost portion of the tooth called enamel and exposure of the underlying surface.
WHAT TRIGGERS TOOTH SENSITIVITY.
- Cold drinks and foods
- Icecreams and candies
- Hot tea/coffee
- Citrus fruits
Aside from eating and drinking many activities, habits and even everyday occurrences can result in sensitivity including –
- Tooth grinding habit
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Breathing in cold air
- Recent dental work/teeth whitening procedures.
YOUR ROLE :
- Use of sensitivity relief toothpaste or mouthwash
- Good oral hygiene measures like proper brushing and flossing.
DENTIST ROLE :
- Clinical management in extreme cases.
- Correction of dental issues.